Wednesday 21 August 2013

Excuse my huge hair. It's humid here!



I'm really hoping to hide the whole pregnancy thing from my new job for at least a little while, but at the rate I'm going things aren't looking good! Guess I'll be investing in some flow-y shirts to get me through September.

Today I had my first full-on prenatal appointment (my last one was just a quick chat). Everything went well, we chatted about medical histories and she told me that so far all my bloodwork had come back just fine. Then she checked my heart and my blood pressure, both exactly what they should be. And then (squeee!) we got to listen to baby's heartbeat! I am so so estatically happy we got to hear it. She warned me that this early on there is only a 50/50 chance of finding the heartbeat, and then it took her ages to find it. She said it sounds like my placenta is at the front of my uterus which can make it tricky. But after a few minutes of searching, there it was! A beautiful, crazy-fast, beating heart. I got all choked up, of course. She said it was about 170BPM, which is apparantly good. I'm so much more relaxed knowing there really is a human in there! Oh course, I'm still slightly concerned that there may be two. I'll have an ultrasound later this month to find out, though.

I also had to have a pap done, since I hadn't had one since 2006 (whoops). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and she told me I have a pregnant-looking cervix. Which apparantly means it's purple-ish. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you were able to hear the heartbeat and had a good appointment!

    ReplyDelete