Monday 20 May 2013

Fielding Questions.

CD 10. Time to start peeing on OPKs and try out the Preseed.

Went to a wedding this weekend for DH's good friend from college. It was a lot of fun to get caught up with friends we haven't seen since our wedding in August. Got all dressed up, cried happy tears, ate delicious food, chatted a lot, danced up a storm and drank too much wine. Good times. Only problem was all the inevitable baby questions. "When is the baby coming?", "I'm amazed you aren't pregnant yet", "What are you waiting for?", "I so though you guys would get pregnant right after the wedding!". Eff. Right. Off. I answered with some variance of "We'll get there, just waiting on job/house/etc".

I would really like to go back and undo all the times I've asked friends and family when they will have babies and why they are waiting so long. I honestly had no idea how much it could sting. I'm trying to remember that people don't know that we have been trying, and that their questions and comments come from a good place. But it's effing annoying. 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the questions. People mean well, but it only puts salt in the wound sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you, it can really suck that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete