Thursday 2 May 2013

I Think Too Much.

Sometimes I think I think too much. There are times that I ask my husband what he is thinking about, and he responds with "nothing". Once I asked him if he really meant nothing, and he said that his mind was actually blank at that moment. He really wasn't thinking about anything at all. That baffles me. I don't think my mind has ever been blank for one second. Usually I am thinking about several different things at once, and I feel like I just can't relax.

So now I'm starting this blog. I'm hoping it'll be a way for me to get some of my thoughts out of my head and on to paper (OK, a computer), and I'm hoping to be at least somewhat entertaining as well. I'll chronicle what is going on in my life (which at the moment is consumed with attempting to make a tiny human), and hopefully someone out there can relate.

A little about me: I am 26 years old, have been married since August 2012, and I teach preschool, though I am trying my best to get into the school board in a Kindergarten class. My husband and I met when I was 15 (he was 14), and we have been together ever since. We started trying to conceive our first in December of 2012. I knew it could take awhile, but here we are 6 months in and nothing. While I know realistically it can take a perfectly healthy couple up to a year to conceive, I can't help but be frustrated. I'm a planner by nature (I was already planning details of my wedding and dream home when I was 8, and have a ridiculously long list of baby names I've been collecting most of my life), and I have a hard time with the fact that there is really nothing I can do to make TTC go any faster. So for now I'm trying to accept that I'm doing everything I can to make it happen, and someday it will. I hope.

1 comment: