Sunday 5 May 2013

Reading too much into things...

So today, at 7DPO (I think; my chart is a hot mess), I had a huge temp drop. Huge. As in, yesterday my temp was 97.90, and today it's 97.21. Far below my coverline. My first thought at 5:45am (which is really too early to be thinking anything at all) was "Damn. Looks like I'm out this cycle". But then when I actually woke up at 9, all I could think was "Ooh, maybe it's implantation! Maybe my chart will become triphasic! Maybe I'm actually pregnant!" So now I'm obsessively stalking pregnancy charts on Fertility Friend, trying to convince myself I'm wrong. Or that I'm right. Actually I'm not sure what I'm trying to convince myself.

I hate the waiting game.

On another note, yesterday was SIL's bridal shower. One of the gifts she opened included wine, lingerie, a vibrator, and a pregnancy test. A pretty expensive digital one. When she commented that it would likely expire before she needed it, I had to stop myself from offering to take it off her hands. I mean, come on. I might need it! And I'm way too cheap to splurge that much on something I'm just going to pee on.
Also I am so stealing that gift idea for the next bridal shower I have to endure (but probably minus the test, and plus a bottle of wine). A little embarrassment for the bride goes a long way when it comes to making a shower more interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment